Reliance Retail is the retail initiative of Reliance Industries Limited and is central to the group?s consumer facing businesses. Reliance Retail has been at the forefront of bringing about Organized Retail revolution in India. Reliance Retail?s operating model unleashes the aspirational energy of the new, resurgent India. Reliance Retail?s guiding philosophy rests on the tenets of enabling inclusion, growth and building sustainable societal value for millions of Indians. In a short period, it has forged strong and enduring bonds with millions of consumers by providing them unlimited choice, outstanding value proposition, superior quality and unmatched shopping experience across all its stores. Reliance Retail?s growth over the years has triggered a large socio-economic transformation on an extraordinary scale in India.
The company has established its business across five key consumption baskets of:
- Consumer Electronics
- Fashion & Lifestyle
- Petro Retail
The above chart shows the consolidated revenue of the company from FY18 to FY20.
The above chart shows the Profit Before Tax (PBT) of the company from FY18 to FY20.
The above chart shows the Profit After Tax (PAT) of the company from FY18 to FY20.
- The company operated 11,308 retail stores in over 7,000 towns and cities covering an area of 27 million sq. ft. as on March 31, 2020.
- The gains of modern retail are being brought to the real ?Bharat? as more than 2/3rd of stores are operated in Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV towns.
- 519 petro retail outlets were in operation as on March 31, 2020.
- India?s retail market is estimated at US$ 822 billion in FY20 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% over next 5 years to reach US$ 1,315 billion by FY25.
- The penetration of organised retail market is estimated at 11% in FY20 and is expected to grow to 17% by FY25.
- The company did not recommend any dividend in FY20.