Cochin International Airport company overview:
Cochin International Airport is the primary greenfield airport in the nation and is the first airport in the world entirely powered by solar power, which has benefited the Cochin International Airport share value. The airport has been developed under a public-private partnership basis.
Mr V J Kurian is the founder Managing executive of the company, and he has initiated the project.
The airport has three central terminals: Two domestic and one International.
The vision of the company:
They endeavor to grow a globally respected, growth-focused company with diversified interests in aviation, foundation and allied industries. They want to be recognized for providing excellent quality services to all their clients. Through their motivated and empowered workers; reliable power; and transparent manners, they will continue to launch socio-economic growth and work with organizations to improve their living standards.
The mission of the company:
They aim to suit a 3000 crore company by 2023 ? with 20% Aero revenue; 30% non Aero revenue and 50% non-aviation revenue.
The companies mentioned below are subsidiaries of Cochin International Airport Limited, which impacts the share price of Cochin International Airport:
- Cochin International Aviation Services Limited: The company is a subsidiary of CIAL, focusing on Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services and for Aviation training. The company is currently undertaking line maintenance services of several international carriers.
- CIAL Infrastructures Limited: The company focuses on power and other infrastructure projects. The company generates enough power to meet the energy requirements of the airport.
- Air Kerala International Services Limited: The company focuses to establish low-cost airline based at CIAL to benefit from the huge population of NRI residing in the Middle East.
- CIAL duty-free and Retail Services Limited: The company focuses on duty-free and travel retail business.
- Kerala Waterways and Infrastructure Limited: The company was incorporated along with Govt of Kerala to facilitate the development of Inland waterways from Kovalam to Bakel. The project is expected to complete in 3 phases with a completion deadline of May 2020, 2022 and 2025 for Phase I, II and III respectively.