Sector: Consumer Discretionary
Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited owns and operates cricket team Chennai Super Kings in Indian Premier League (IPL). The company arranges cricket matches as well as retail jersey and t-shirts, mugs and wall posters, footwear, wrist bands and other accessories. Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited serves customers pan India. The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) are a franchise cricket team based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, which plays in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Founded in 2008, the team plays its home matches at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. The team is captained by Mahendra Singh Dhoni and coached by Stephen Fleming.
The above chart shows the Total Revenue, Profit Before Tax (PBT), Profit After Tax (PAT) for FY19 and FY20.
The above chart shows the brand value of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) from the year 2018-2020.
The above chart shows the shareholding pattern of major shareholders of Chennai Super Kings Cricket
- The drop in total revenue and profit for FY20 compared with the previous year was mainly on account of reduction of income from grant of central rights from BCCI.
- In order to reserve resources, the company did not declare any dividend in FY20.
- The CSK cricket team is the second most valued team in IPL with brand value of Rs. 611 crores in 2020.
- The company has not added any cash to the Reserves and Surplus in FY20.
- India Cements Shareholders Trust is the major shareholder in the company with a shareholding of 59%.